Thankfully 2009 is over. However, before 2010 gets into full swing, I’d like to present a little something. The award looks a little something like this:
Now 2009 had plenty of candidates in the running. I mean, just so many choices! Let’s list a few, shall we?
* Christian Bale. The Dark Knight actor berates someone from the film crew.
* Octomom. She who unfortunately managed to make childbirth seem repulsive. (Sidenote: Why is it many people who are unfit to be parents, end up becoming one themselves? One of the great tragedies of life.)
* Those wacky Gosselins. Just get divorced already and die. Especially Jon.
* VH1. Anyone that was ever on a VH1 reality show. This year, or any year for that matter. Contestants that you wouldn’t dare take home to mom. One contestant (from the thankfully aborted “Megan Wants A Millionaire”) even went so far to kill his newly married wife. The wife was chopped up so bad, the body could only be identified by her silicone breast implants. Somehow these shows managed to turn a music channel into “the douchebag channel.” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Jenkins
* Teabaggers. The most uninformed, ignorant bunch of politically conservative….DOUCHEBAGS!
Hate to break the news to these rather proud ‘teabaggers’…but the slang of ‘teabag’ or rather ‘teabagging’ also means something else.
Uh huh…say no more.
Now the Teabaggers almost grabbed this highly coverted award…but then on Sep 13, 2009 this happened:
Not that I give two shits about Taylor Swift’s dire country crap. But still…
Kanye West was always an ass to begin with. After his Hennessey fueled stunt on the VMAs…he became my top pop culture villain of 2009.
In the world of douchebaggery, this was brilliant. And when he capped off his interruption with a shrug the Douche Award was his. Obama gave his own presidential seal with a quick off the record remark:
“He’s a jackass.”
So while the Teabaggers had ignorance on their side, Kanye West won with unintentional comic relief. So Kanye, this one’s for you.